Tishirle

Monday, July 24, 2006

The book is done!

I just finished reading the informative book, “Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms”. Now, I consider myself a positive person that is passionate about the teaching field; however, at this particular moment I’m scared! This book has excited me and scared me about the many technology tools that I can use in my future classroom.
The textbook proves that teachers that use technology in a classroom for teaching and grading can be quite efficient teachers. In fact, I would say Richardson would argue that using technology in the classroom is much more efficient than doing things the old, non-technology way. I would agree with Richardson that technology can make your life easier but at the same time it scares me because it seems like whenever you figure out a way to save time, you jam more things into your life. I don’t know about you, but that stresses me out! I feel like society is set at full speed and the speed keeps getting faster. I like to be efficient; however I DO NOT like to be overwhelmed and at this moment the idea of more and more technology is a bit overwhelming.
On the positive side, I do realize that the more you work on a computer, the easier it gets (thank gosh!). Before you know it, I will be like the rest of the technology savvy people and I too will be working efficiently so I can jam more activities into my busy schedule. I guess this is the life of a teacher and this is the direction I am headed in. I know I have to jump on the technology ride because if I don’t I will miss out. So, I guess I will just have to get over it, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Try not to be too overwhelmed Tiffany. We can't all be an expert in every area. You will pick and choose what works best for you in the classroom.Just by introducing technology to your students you'll be ahead of the game.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Amber D. said…

    You are so optimistic! Once you start answering to a school board and the State of Michigan then you won't be that worried about technology anymore, trust me!

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Tiffany Shirley said…

    Thanks for the comments ladies. You always make me feel better!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home