Tishirle

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Aug 10 post

As I read the articles by Kafai and Novak I thought about myself as a 4th grader and wondered would I want to work on such a complicated project? I don't think so! All I wanted to do was play outside. :) I felt that the articles were a tad complicated but quite informative. I had no idea how complicated it was to put together a game. I figured it would be difficult, but it sounds like it is crazy. I honestly do not have the patience to work on a project like this. I don't even have the patience as an adult. I do however, think it is great to have long term projects in the classroom but the child must be interested in it. Chances are, most kids now-a-days would want to create a game. You know, that scares me a bit. That means that the students that will be in my classroom will be able to run circles around me on the computer. I remember being on the other side of the table, knowing more about the computer than my teacher. I guess this should really motivate me to try to figure out more about technology so I don't look silly like my old elementary teachers.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger marilyn harvey said…

    Tiffany,
    I don't believe you would ever look silly to your students. Your calm manner and sweet demeanor will out trump any classroom snag. Your easy-going approach will put your students at ease, and therefore, they would be just as forgiving of you. Keep being yourself!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home