Tishirle

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Aug 15th Post

As I read Game Plan by Susan McLester I was amazed to find out the many schools that are so well known for their technology. In fact, not that this has much to do with the article but I thought it would be interesting to mention that last summer while vacationing in Mexico I met a guy that just finished his education at U of Wisconsin-Madison. He had just accepted a position at Intel in Folsom, California which at the time was really close to where I was living. I was amazed that U of W has such a prestigious technology department.

As for the article, I agree with many points. I feel that it is important for teachers to always be involved with the students while they are working on the computer. It is the teachers job to supervise the students and to keep them actively engaged. Overall, this was a great article and I enjoyed reading the intelligent perspectives!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Amber Atkins said…

    Teacher involvment is the key. I've seen teachers just turn kids loose on the computers, this accomplishes almost nothing. When the teacher is involved and guides them on the web many things can be learned.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger marilyn harvey said…

    Tiffany,
    Isn't it a small world? You have to go all the way to Mexico to find someone who is technologically savvy. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home